but not for me don’t worry! today i’m emailing from tacloban! my companion has had a crazy ear infection going on for weeks now, so sister maurer wanted her to come and get it checked out by a doctor here…so yeah! we woke up early and have been spending our pday in tacloban. hallelujah real stores and i found some beloved american products. retail therapy is real. hahaha
- awesome: totally being blessed with the time to write in my journal! we literally have no time at the end of the each day to write in our journals. its a struggle that i’ve been having because i’ve learned that if you’re trying to be exactly obedient, there’s no time for anything. but its been cool to see the ways that Heavenly Father provides time for me to do things that normally i thought I couldn’t make time for! like today, i brought my journal to the hospital and got to write in it for a few hours while waiting with my companion to see the doctor! the Lord works in mysterious ways, right?
- awkward: superstitions. i’ve literally heard the weirdest things on my mission like this one: if you get less than 8 hours of sleep, don’t wash your hair the next morning because you’ll get a headache…um yeah no comment.
- this week i got sick! i have seriously been blessed with such good health on the mission (knock on wood…haha ironic that i’m saying that after just trashing on superstitions haha!) that it was surprising for me to be out for a day of work! actually 2! i can count on one hand the number of times that i’ve gotten sick. strep throat in my first area, then my leg, then a really bad cold in my second area. and i still worked those days i was sick (except when i was forbidden to walk because of my leg). which brings us up to now in my 3rd area crazy stomach pain. on wednesday we were in a lesson and my stomach just started to hurt so bad. to the point that i couldn’t even concentrate on teaching. we went home earlier that night and i just lay on my yoga mat (p.s. my yoga mat is literally in my top 10 favorite things i brought with me) on the floor while my companion cooked in hopes that if i ate the pain would subside a bit. after eating, it just hurt more. that night i took pepto bismol which didn’t help much…i never threw up…(thank goodness) but mostly my stomach just hurt and hurt. it felt like i had a worm or something…haha. continued on thursday too. i was feverish as well. friday….still wasn’t back to normal. had to cancel our exchanges for the week 😦 on friday i texted sister hansen to see what to do. said she had something similar last week and just had to wait it out! later that afternoon the pain subsided a little bit and we went back out to work! which was awesome! and now all is well! i’ve never been better!
- also, can you scan me a copy of my glasses prescription, i think i wanna get new glasses 🙂 salamat
- let’s see…what else? i still continue to familiarize myself with our area. still trying to learn waray-waray. i guess you could say the struggle is real. but also, the gift of tongues is real too! Heavenly Father is so gracious to pour out that blessing on us as missionaries when we are seeking for it as well. still trying to figure out how to be a good STL. my companion and i always joke that STL stands for sister TRAVELING leader, not training leader haha. it feels like we’re always traveling! but its ok!
- hmmm…not so much to report on this week since we didn’t work for a day and half because of my stomach bug! we have some really good progressing investigators, and we’re working on some RC and LA young men to go on missions! which is really exciting. the world needs more missionaries! to anyone thinking of serving: just do it! it will be the best experience of your life!
- i love my mission. some days are …. not my favorite, but other days are the best most joyful, rewarding days ever! the fact that the days pass so quickly is frightening! i feel like i just barely got to this new area, but yet i’m coming up on 6 weeks of being there! its the weirdest. p.s. getting excited to skype in december? the mission is already reminding us that it will only be for 30-45 minutes. haha salamat for the early reminder
- sorry that my emails are getting so boring! just know that i’m so grateful for the love and support from all of you! sorry if i didn’t get the chance to email you back. if i don’t email back, just email me again because i probably just thought i replied and didn’t! i know the church is true and i’ll do anything for it!