Hello! how are you all? so happy to read emails from you all and hear that life is treating you all so well!!! this week was good! the weeks seriously go by so fast and i just don’t understand time anymore. like everyday is so long, yet so fast. every week goes fast, but slow too. but then suddenly i find myself hitting another month in the mission and its just to fast to even keep track of. its the weirdest!!!! basta! here is this week in a nutshell.
- awesome: going on exchanges. and i was companions with an american! considering there are only 8 american sisters our WHOLE mission this was a rare privilege! sister allen (from ogden) and i had a BLAST! nothing really shocks these people as much as seeing 2 tall american girls strutting around their town haha. we had fun reminiscing about frozen yogurt, snow, driving in cars, real hamburgers, and using english vocabulary that we almost forgot we had because we really simplify our english for the cute filipinos haha. and we made mashed potatoes for dinner with the gravy mix you sent mom! and put the bacon bits IN the mashed potatoes. I was in heaven. IT WAS AWESOME.
- awkward: animal adventures! 1- hearing a rustling sound from the back of our apartment where we do our laba and looking out to see a rat searching through our garbage! he came out of the drain to pay his visit. let me just say that ratatouille is literally disney’s biggest lie. also so is wall-e. who is their right mind keeps a cockroach as a pet?? way to brainwash the children, disney! haha. but seriously now that i have experienced these creatures first hand i just don’t think i can ever watch those 2 movies ever again! 2- the day after the rat. i just finished showering and was going upstairs to get dressed, when i heard a sound. somehow a bird found a way to fly into our apartment! there is a hilarious video on my camera to show for it! very candid haha. we finally got it to fly out the window, but not before it decided to deposit a gift of bird poop on my BED. you just can’t make these things up!!!! once again this proves that disney is a lie! did this bird help me make my bed or pick out my clothes for the day like Cinderella has led me to believe? NOPE. it just pooped on my bed and then flew for the hills! haha. you’ll laugh at my video diaries about these things when i go home 🙂 its pretty hilarious
- training is going really great! i’m really blessed to have a great anak who is humble, teachable, hard working, obedient, and who really wants to be a good missionary! she still complains that i walk to fast and literally passes out on the floor in a dramatic fashion when we get home every night, but she’ll get there! it takes a good bit at the beginning of the mish to get used to the hard walking and non stop working! i love this work and feel really lucky and blessed to get to train her! in more ways than one i feel like its really her that’s training me!
- what else? life is just really great. i know i always emphasize the funny or interesting things that happened in my weekly emails. i hope it doesnt’ take away from the real stuff that is going on here in my life. everyday we are working all day every day to find those that the Lord has prepared. i really testify that the Lord will put people into our path when he TRUSTS us. trust is so important. what do we do that shows the Lord that we trust in Him and that He in return can trust us? I testify that as we are doing ALL that we can do (keeping the commandments, resisting temptations, striving for the spirit in our life) He will give us opportunities to draw closer to Him. We have to take those opportunities. because those opportunities will help mold us into the kind of people He needs us to be so that we can continue helping Him in this great work!
- I LOVE MY MISSION. i give it every ounce of thought, energy, effort, everything. if you had told me 1 year ago (when i was still preparing for my mission) that i would love it as much as i do, i wouldn’t have believed you. i remember one night, driving home from SLC, and i literally had a panic attack and going on a crying jag for the whole drive. I 100% thought i couldn’t do this. i 100% did not want to go. I 100% thought that every minute of the mission would be a miserable nightmare. But the Lord is so good to be me in showing me that this is HIS work. I think the test of my faith was before my mission, not so much now here on the mission. I am so blessed. I see HIs hand everyday. I feel His love every minute. I LOVE THIS GOSPEL!